I did all of the modeling, texturing, rigging, and lighting for this project. For the rigging, I did something that I haven't done with a rig before, and that was to make use of the bend and twist deformers inside of Cinema 4D to give the joints a softer, broader bend. For the penguin and robot, I built simple skeletons and parented the body parts to the bones rather than skinning, and then I added the deformers accordingly. After that, I rigged everything up in Xpresso so that the joints controlled the deformers and everything was controlled by sliders. The dinosaur was very unique and was by far the most challenging rig I've done in a long time. I used only deformers to rig it because the bone structure technique I used on the other characters didn't work. The deformers were often prone to deforming too much of the model, and without being able to use the parenting system of a bone structure, having the deformers react to one another required a lot of Xpresso . Once I had all of the rigs completed, I used C Motion to create walk cycles for each character. At that point, we filmed the plates and began compositing.